Sunday, May 5, 2013
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 pound chicken
- Goat cheese (~ 5 oz)
- fresh rosemary
- 1 cup of sliced white mushrooms (diced)
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 medium white onion (diced)
- 8 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- Garlic Powder
- 9 inch pie dish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out pie crust onto pie dish. Press to fill in all holes. Put pie crust in oven for 10 minutes to allow it to set. Remove when it is golden brown and allow it to cool.
- Turn down the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put 1/2 pound raw chicken in baking dish that has a cover (or can cover with foil. Add fresh rosemary, 1 tbsp lemon juice, lots of pepper, two pinches of salt. Put in oven for about 30 minutes. When done, cut into 1 cm cubes.
- put 2 tbsp olive oil in pan and warm. Add diced garlic cloves and diced onion. Saute until onions are caramelized. Add mushrooms and red pepper and continue to saute until everything is soft and cooked (but not soggy). Put this inside the pie crust.
- Add chicken on top.
- Spoon goat cheese on top of this
- Whisk milk, half and half, and eggs together in a mixing bowl. Add 1 tbsp oregano and sprinkle in garlic powder. Grind in lots of pepper. two pinches of salt.
- Pour this on top of everything in the pie pan to cover it. Sprinkle top with rosemary.
- Put pie in the oven for about 30 minutes. It's done with the edges are brown and the center is set. Allow to sit for about 30 minutes to allow the center to continue cooking with the oven off. This will prevent the edges from getting over cooked.
- Allow to cool before cutting. Enjoy!